the NHS (this time its personal)

ktv303

well its nothing other than a cluster fuck tbh

ive had a poisoned finger for over a week so makes an appointment with the nurse, i just need it burst and some anti biotics.

the nurse cant burst it so tells me to make an appointment with the doc.

so the next day i go to the doc and she just tries to give me the same antiboitics. i tell her i just need it burst she says oh noooooo we dont do that kind of thing, i need to go to a+e, she then goes in a huff cause i say shes not a doctor at all just a pill dispenser. and do i really have to go and waste the time of a+e staff just to burst a fekkin finger???? she recomends the minor injury unit as it might be quieter.

so instead of sitting with people with broken legs and axes sticking out their heads etc i was stuck for 2 hours with wee oldies who had hell and hurt their knee etc.

minor injuries nurse wouldnt burst it either and gives me a poltice..... that wont work unless theres a fuckin hole for the stuff to come out so i say/politely demand she bursts it..... so she does a half hearted prod here and there with a pin without acutally bursting it. i want it lanced i say....oh youl need to go to a+e for that she says.

so here i am exactly a week after first going to see about it, still with a thobbing finger twice its normal size thats bright red and sore a fuck.

ill be off for a 4 hour seat in a+e tonight when i finish work.

(i did try and burst it myself but couldnt, its under too many layers of skin, it needs frozen first)

i totally agree mate, theyve always been nothing short of perfect for me until this.

it just seemed to be not important enough for anyone to bother, i kept getting told "if it gets any worse come back" which basically left me thinking it just wasnt serious enough.

so i either pester the a+e over a trivial matter (for them), do it myself or wait till its bad enough for some one to give a shit.

I had a poisoned finger once. Same as you it swelled up to twice it's size. Caused by a piece of rust coated paint that went up under my finger nail and caused an infection. It hurt like hell, just a constant throbbing pain that pretty much took over my every waking thought.

In the end i thought it was either a trip to A and E or sort it myself.

I bathed my finger in warm water to soften the skin. Stuck a heated needle up about 5 mil under the side of my nail where the paint piece had gone. Put my finger on a worksurface, made a fist with my other hand and hit it with the side of my fist as hard as i could.

Yellow stuff and dark blood just came shooting out, i couldn't even feel the pain. The relief was all i felt, couldn't believe the amount of crap that came out.

Take the caveman approach mate and just do it yourself mate. The cure is less painful than the symptom.

Done and dusted. Was just waiting on the scalpel.

Didn't want to go down the safety pin route really.

Softened it up first then a simple strike with the scalpel just under a cm long. Spewed loads if shit..

Fekkin rank man.

Art least I've got the pills and the poltice to clean it out now.

I battered it off a few things in with today and the pain was incredible lol. Wasn't going through that again ffs.

sent from my phone