Anti Ram Posts For Driveway

georgedawes

Any recommendations of which or companies that fit them???

Got some T**t over the road who's family has 4 cars, plus whatever sh*t he brings home from his haulage company.

They park either side of their driveway and then when they come out of the drive, cant turn and use my drive to get around!!

He cant drive for toffee and has nearly hit my car numerous times now, despite being told not to use my drive as an extension of his.

Would love to put a stinger down!!

TIA

Many thanks for the responses guys.

Don't get me wrong. Last night's post was just an outpouring of thoughts. Some of it reads now to be being sorry for myself and I'm not. I'm not happy with the news, obviously but it's not as if it was an earth-shattering discovery.

I'm not a victim here and I need to process that I am the one who put me in this position and with a little medicinal help and an injection of will power I'll be the one to put things right.

I've know for long enough that this day was coming and I know all the reasons for and am learning best solutions to sort myself out. It is pure laziness on my part and sometimes you do need a professional kick up the arse to hammer things home.

Again, thanks for the pointers and links. More research.

reminds me of a Goldringers thread from the Cave, funny as f*ck. He may be able to help if he sees this thread.

You rang ???

My worries are now over but thanks for mentioning it :) .Get your dropped kerb widened by the council, just say your struggling to get on / off. They'll do it regardless as it's more revenue. Then pay for a H bar along the road, this will go the length of the drop kerb. I got a sign as offical as ook and stuck it up on the street light Just says

"NO PARKING 24 HOUR ACCESS REQUIRED, YOU WILL BE FINED"

The H bar is an advisory but were I live if you are a persistent parker over the H bar come dropped kerb you will be fined , it's in black and white via the council website.

I've not had any long stayers parking their since . You get the odd 1/2 hr jobs nipping m8''s all that which no one minds but there's no more 24/7'ers like we had before parking straight over our driveway. It will get better soon, were having an extension to the side and the fence finished to the kerb so there'll be no more short cutting across our drive.

It's called been considered , simple as. Some people aren't and they don't give a F were they park they just do it. If they see you struggle like shit to get off your drive they'll be grinning.

Are you talking about the drop down anti theft posts? It's amusing to see people hit them but after a few smacks they tend to get shagged - we had some on our office car park.

Yes mate, them are the ones.

Many thanks for the responses guys.

Don't get me wrong. Last night's post was just an outpouring of thoughts. Some of it reads now to be being sorry for myself and I'm not. I'm not happy with the news, obviously but it's not as if it was an earth-shattering discovery.

I'm not a victim here and I need to process that I am the one who put me in this position and with a little medicinal help and an injection of will power I'll be the one to put things right.

I've know for long enough that this day was coming and I know all the reasons for and am learning best solutions to sort myself out. It is pure laziness on my part and sometimes you do need a professional kick up the arse to hammer things home.

Again, thanks for the pointers and links. More research.

reminds me of a Goldringers thread from the Cave, funny as f*ck. He may be able to help if he sees this thread.

You rang ???

My worries are now over but thanks for mentioning it :) .Get your dropped kerb widened by the council, just say your struggling to get on / off. They'll do it regardless as it's more revenue. Then pay for a H bar along the road, this will go the length of the drop kerb. I got a sign as offical as ook and stuck it up on the street light Just says

"NO PARKING 24 HOUR ACCESS REQUIRED, YOU WILL BE FINED"

The H bar is an advisory but were I live if you are a persistent parker over the H bar come dropped kerb you will be fined , it's in black and white via the council website.

I've not had any long stayers parking their since . You get the odd 1/2 hr jobs nipping m8''s all that which no one minds but there's no more 24/7'ers like we had before parking straight over our driveway. It will get better soon, were having an extension to the side and the fence finished to the kerb so there'll be no more short cutting across our drive.

It's called been considered , simple as. Some people aren't and they don't give a F were they park they just do it. If they see you struggle like shit to get off your drive they'll be grinning.

Our driveway has a dropped kerb and is widened, but this Cnut still wants to use my driveway when his dickhead family park on the opposite side of the street. It makes it harder for him to get out, so he uses my driveway.

It is too wide to put a gate up, so the next best thing I thought would be these telescopic posts. I can then still get out with my motorbike with no drama.

Years ago giving someone a slap was the way , nowadays if you drop one near them they phone the bobbies. Take for instance my brother-in-law, he went to price a building job up and got there a two hours late due to bad traffic. When he got there this older guy verbally laid into him saying waste of fookin space not fit to burn call yourself a builder, time waster , can't keep appointments just all out abuse. So the bro-in-law fired back at him , later that evening he got a knock off the Police , this guy reckons my Brother in law threatened to rip he's head off on his property. He's now under investigation. The Police officer actually said to him, "Have you ever thought of wearing a bodycam like this ?,save you some hassle" , so that's were were heading , everyone with a camera on their heads.

Now he's under investigation so it's not worth it. Have a word a civil word with your neighbor , he might not know what he's doing, no raised voices and don't look like it's pissin you off. You might get a "Sorry m8 wont do it again" or a "Whats your problem ?" attitude. This way he'll know your on it and when he see's the barrier installed he'll know why it's there.

I've had similar shit were I live and considering lots claim to "not" have a problem there's always a lot of responses and what to do when a thread starts regarding neighbors and cars. I think there's far far more more people out there who suffer from inconsiderate people with their cars and parking , it's the No1 dispute when it comes to neighbors.

I said that , "You should have rang the guy " , he said he gave him a home number and the guy never picked it up. He's a decent enough guy the bro-inlaw and alot more tolerant and considerate than myself and even if you weren't to call you can expect the home owner yes to be annoyed and yes angry but a volley of foul mouth abuse ? no, hence after the bro-in-law apologised and stood there while listening to the verbal abuse it was only then he fired back telling the guy were to go and not to risk a heart attack.

The Police by law have to look into it regardless , evidence or no evidence that's law and a waste of fookin Police time as well.

Anyway , back on to georges problem, like I said , talking to your neighbor politely might resolve it and your neighbor might not know it's a problem and if you get no joy install the ground mount barrier and be done, the message will be loud and clear.

I said that , "You should have rang the guy " , he said he gave him a home number and the guy never picked it up. He's a decent enough guy the bro-inlaw and alot more tolerant and considerate than myself and even if you weren't to call you can expect the home owner yes to be annoyed and yes angry but a volley of foul mouth abuse ? no,  hence after the bro-in-law apologised and stood there while listening to the verbal abuse it was only then he fired back telling the guy were to go and not to risk a heart attack.

The Police by law have to look into it regardless , evidence or no evidence that's law and a waste of fookin Police time as well.

Anyway , back on to georges problem, like I said ,  talking to your neighbor politely might resolve it and your neighbor might not know it's a problem and if you get no joy install the ground mount barrier and be done,  the message will be loud and clear.

I had a quiet chat with him and have even made the driveway wider. This then made it easier for the wife to get out of the driveway.  But, he is an arrogant prick!

In a nutshell!! He thinks he is a Charlie 'Big' Spuds gangster and tries to belittle people. He has had a run in with nearly all the neighbours in the close and after the nice chat I had with him, first time, he asked was I tried to make a c**t out of him. No reply needed for that question!!

At one point, he left the keys in one of his vans one night. I was contemplating driving it off and setting fire to it!! But he is then on the winner, when he gets paid out of the insurance.

As earlier, no time for pricks and wiser now. Ram posts it is and let him crack on with mind game with the other neighbours B|